During our trip to France last spring, my carry-on bag busted at the wheels and zippers making it a bit difficult. Fortunately for us, we were visiting family there so we were able to “borrow” one of their suitcases to help us get through our trip. I believe their suitcase is still sitting in my basement. I may have to send it with my mother-in-law when she goes for a visit in a couple of weeks. While I have been meaning to purchase a new one, there are just so many options out there that I just couldn’t decide.
The Caffeinated Introvert received a Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase for purpose of this review. However, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my disclaimer policy to learn more.
Things to consider when shopping for the perfect carry-on suitcase
- Size – It has to meet TSA size guidelines and be able to fit all my things. I try to limit my travels to a carryon and possibly one checked-in bag for the family so it is important that I can fit as much as I can in it. I tend to overpack so limiting myself to just those two has helped. There is no need to bring one full suitcase of just my shoes.. so I have been told by my husband 🙁
- It is easy to maneuver. Nothing is worse than having trouble with a suitcase when I have so many other things to lug around, such as backpacks, laptops/ iPad, booster seats, our luggage, and the kids. It being easy to maneuver and roll would also mean the boys are more likely to help with it.
- Compartments – I need compartments that would help keep our things organized.
- Lightweight – It does not make sense to have to lug around a heavy carry on when you have other things too.
- Durability – Looking for a durable suitcase that will last for a long time is a plus. One can get a cheap one at the local store but it may just last for so long. I need something I can depend on so I won’t have another mishap as I did in France.
- Good price point – This goes hand in hand with durability. Getting a cheaply priced suitcase may not last long and a high priced one does not necessarily equate to a piece of good suitcase.
See related post: The Ultimate Family Road Trip Planning Guide
Can you guess my excitement when I was introduced to Chester Travels? Chester Travels is the ultimate brand for hard-side suitcases. I have never used a hard-sided suitcase before so I was especially excited to receive this carry-on suitcase.
If you are looking for a new quality carry-on suitcase, continue on to learn why you should put Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase on top of your list.
I was excited to see that Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase met all those listed above. My first impression when I took it out of the box was that it came with a dust cover pictured below. This is great for storing the suitcase and keeping it like-new.
When choosing your carry on suitcase, it is important to look at the size. You are allowed one carry-on with you and this should be able to fit in the luggage compartment above your seat. If it is even an inch bigger, you may not be allowed to “carry it on” the plane. You don’t want that happening.
The Chester Minima measures at 21.5” x 13.5 “ x 8.5” (including wheels) giving you the maximum space, while still being carry-on approved size by both TSA and IATA cabin luggage guidelines. This means that it passes both domestic and the stricter international luggage size requirements.
Four Multi-Directional Wheels
I don’t know about you but I have always wondered why some suitcases just easily glide by me at the airport. Now I know why. This suitcase not only comes with 2 wheels but with 4. The handle is sturdy and its silent 360° spinner wheels glide over even rough terrain with very minimal efforts so even the boys roll this.
The interior features the ability to pack into both sides of the luggage. There are three pockets to store smaller items, and double zippered sides to make sure your stuff stays in place while traveling. It even has a laundry pouch for all your dirty clothes.
See related post: 20 Things To Bring On Your Next Road Trip
Empty, the suitcase only weighs 7 pounds, making it the best lightweight carry on suitcase for your travels.
Chester Minima is made of 100% polycarbonate hard shell making it not only sleek and stylish, but it is incredibly durable and water-resistant. It is more durable than the average plastic but at the same time, it is lighter than aluminum giving some flexibility that expands for maximum packing.
Chester Minima is priced fairly considering all the facts above as well and the bonuses below.
Chester Minima comes with a combination lock. Say what! And on top of that, it is TSA approved. This means improved security and less worry.
Chester Minima comes with a 100-day trial meaning if you purchase this through their website and are not 100% satisfied with the product, you can return it within 100 days of purchase.
Limited 10-Year Warranty
Chester Minima comes with a limited 10-year warranty which covers any damage to the shell, wheels, handles, zippers, or anything else that functionally impairs the luggage. They have done rigorous testing and are confident in the durability of their products. If anything breaks, they will fix or replace it.
Chester Minima is available in 7 neutral colors. I got mine in Ocean Blue.
Now that you have read up on my review, what are you waiting for? This Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase is the perfect companion for your next trip.
You can purchase the Chester Carry-On Spinner Suitcase on the Chester Travels website. Use my discount coupon 10AF for an additional 10% off.
Pin it for later!